Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wa-hoo Look Who's 2!

Call me cheap/lazy but I'm not sending Reese's 2nd year announcement out. I figured everyone who would receive one reads this blog anyways so I figured why bother. I've also included each picture from her announcement separately in case you wanted to print them out. So it's not her birthday quite yet (not til the 28th) but I might as well post it while I'm posting.
So yesterday I decided I better get going on taking her pictures -- got her all ready and made a make shift photo backdrop in our bedroom with a piece of fabric and some batting. Reese was really excited to be taking pictures too. Things were going to great in the beginning she was being such a good poser (actually listening to me) and smiling sooo cute. Then about 20 or so pictures into it I realized I forgot to put my memory card in, and our DSLR just acts normal and takes pictures even without it in -- and it has no internal memory -- so needless to say I was so furious! The worst part I could only be mad at myself! So I quickly got my card and tried to salvage the shoot. Naturally by the time things were going again Reese's cooperation was out the window. Thankfully I was able to get a couple decent pics so it wasn't a total loss, but in my mind I was thinking about all the pictures that could have been. It's just too much work trying to do it another day. I'd have to wait for another really sunny morning -- since we live in the basement the lighting is horrible and in the morning I'm able to open our blinds to let more light in (and pretty much everyday this week has been overcast and gloomy).



Here comes the airplane. Reese tyring to share her mac n' cheese with mom.

5 comments:

Dan n' Josie said...

So cute!!! I am definately going to start the ornament tradition, I better get one, we don't have one yet, and it's getting close.

The Bee Family said...

K I sooo can't get over her cuteness! I miss you guys so super much! And would you please stop being so creative and wonderfuly fabulous in all you do...seriously the pictures the announcement the blanket! Oh you make me feel like poop on a log! :) I loved reading about your ornaments that is such a fun Idea...I think Eli and I started that on year 1 but then never did it. I'll have to try again! p.s. again Reese is just to dang cute!

ksleightfam said...

Oh my gosh!! I love those pics, what a cutie!!! It was fun to run into you at walmart!! You may not feel it, but you look so cute all prego!!! She's adorable Kim!!! I think you should teach me some of your photography skills ;)

Megan said...

You are so creative! I love the blanket, your tree, and especially your man-no party! I love the ornament tradition, I gave Daniel one every year we were married and Cooper has his two ornaments. Reese is a most adorable two year old and her announcement is fabulous as usual. Can I just say all of your home decorations are beautiful!?

Heather said...

I love her announcement. I have Photoshop now, I just wish I knew how to use it!