Sunday, October 5, 2014

A bit of a surprise...

On September 29th I had my 20 week ultrasound. We were very excited to finally know whether it was a girl or boy. We were not prepared for both! As soon as the tech started the scan I said, "Is that two in there?" Holy cow words can not express that feeling! It also explains why my morning sicknesss, exhaustion, aches and pains were extra awful. So after adjusting (slightly) to the news the tech then proceeded with the ultrasound. Baby A is a girl! She was a lively little thing too! Baby B is the boy! Both had all their right parts in the right places just like you hope with any ultrasound. It's always a relief seeing their little hearts beating too. Todd and I kept looking at each other in disbelief. Wow, this is actually happening. It reminds me of the last episode of "Friends" when Monica and Chandler find out they are having twins. "These look like the faces of two people in the know." "Who's coming along in a what now?" Twins do actually run in my family so there's that. Immediately after my ultrasound I had my regular appointment. The nurse took my blood pressure and it was super high! Well wouldn't yours be too after the surprise of a lifetime. Don't worry they checked it again at the end of the appointment and it was back to normal. Our Dr. came in and gave Todd a high five and said some something to the affect of "nice work Dad!"

So it's been a week since we found out the big news and I'm still in a daze. I've started reading all sorts of things online trying to prepare us for what's to come. Let's be honest though how can you really prepare? Oh dear! This is a strange scared/excited feeling! 

We purchased some magic gender revealing spray (silly string) for the kids. We told them if it sprayed blue then it was a boy and if it sprayed pink it was a girl. As you can tell Reese was a little excited with the results. The funny thing is Reese has been saying it was twins all along. She would always ask me "what if it's a boy and a girl?" So we've got a couple months to try and get a few things figured out before their arrival. Initially my due date was February 16th, but since twins are full term at 36-37 weeks it will most likely be sometime in January. We hope everything continues to progress well and the babies stay healthy and incubated for a nice long time. Feel free to pray for us these next few months, heck the next few years! This is going to be interesting!

No comments: