Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the waiting game...

Ok so I need to get more in the habit of updating everyone about what is going on… really I was waiting for the baby to get this thing going but I suppose there are other things going on in our life too… Today we had a dr.’s appointment and I was really excited to go today (mainly because it’s getting so close) and because last week at my appointment he had said that by this week I would be far enough along that we could talk about picking a day to have me induced!! We were all excited and we were hoping to get this baby out next Monday before Todd started his finals and before Christmas. Well today things didn’t go as we expected. Everything with the baby is fine, normal and healthy…but we didn’t pick a day. I have another regular appt next week… another whole week… seriously!! I’m getting tired of this waiting game. He said if anything changed between now and then (like me dilating) then we could get something started but only then. So my hopes were shot down at no longer being the human incubator. You could say I am getting sick of being pregnant. I guess I should just be happy that everything is going fine… I just really want this baby out so we could travel and see our family on the holidays and not be stuck at the hospital or at home. So now Todd is determined to do everything possible to further the process along… spicy foods, long walks… whatever it takes… (His motive behind it is not working at Wal-Mart over the Christmas season since he gets paternity leave).

P.S. Sorry if belly pictures gross you out…

No comments: