Sunday, June 1, 2008

A few things unmentioned...

So I think I forgot to mention Reese has been rolling over. She goes from back to front... (which once she gets onto her tummy is quite upset and if she has just eaten usually ends up spewing everything up in front of her... fun stuff!) She started doing it a couple weeks ago. I kept thinking it was going to be a lost cause but she did it. Next we need master rolling over the opposite direction.
She was holding onto her blanket when she rolled over and made herself into a Reese burrito.
Also lately she has this thing with her tongue. It is always sticking out. I'm not quite sure what brought this on... most likely something to do with her 2 bottom teeth that are coming in. So you'll probably notice it sticking out quite a bit in our latest pictures. What a goof ball.
Friday we both had the day off and headed up to Idaho Falls and went to the zoo. It was nice to get away for the day and have a nice little afternoon with just the family. The weather was perfect not too hot with a nice little breeze. The zoo isn't the greatest but satisfied our needs. Originally we had planned on going down to Hogle Zoo but now I'm glad we didn't. Maybe when she is a little bit older and can enjoy more of what's going on around her. Plus Hogle Zoo is pretty big and I think by the end of the day we would have been hot and miserable. After we strolled around for a while looking at the animals we had a nice little picnic lunch in the park next door. We also managed to hit up a few stores in the mall that we don't have in Pocatello. It was a nice day. We headed home and Uncle Thomas came over and hung out the rest of the night with us - we ordered some pizza and watched the ball game. It was a good day!
Daddy feeding Reese to the lions.

8 comments:

Megan said...

I love your new header! Super cute. I also think that Reese with her tongue sticking out gives her so much personality...that last picture of her getting a drink is so precious!

Candi said...

ahh, the tongue. Annagrace had hers out constantly and didn't even have a tooth coming in. But, I think it's another one of the Welch things. Tyler sticks his out whenever he is really concentrating on a certain task. I've seen Thomas do it too. Point being - I don't think it will ever end. =)

Heather said...

I don't know how you get your blog looking so awesome, Kim, but I must say I'm jealous. Your baby sure is cute too!

Jackie said...

That tongue is cute! She is cuter every day! And congrats to her on rolling over! Ahhh, I can feel the balance of freedom shifting in her favor... :)

Candi said...

You are gonna have to teach me how to do digital scrapbooking when you come. I love your header.

Tina said...

SO cute, Sadie has that same shirt!! So you need to come down here, and you need to make my blog look cute! yours is sooo cute! Email me your Phone # tinachristinaarter@hotmail

Anonymous said...

Mike and Zinda do not have daughters, but they come back with a vegence with all these cuuuute grand daughters! Oh yah, M & Z do have cuuute daughter-in-laws! Reese is absolutely adorable.

Unknown said...

Your little girl is so cute.