Monday, July 20, 2009

Yellowstone

The second half of last week we spent in Yellowstone and Jackson with my mom and grandma. Sadly Todd had to stay home and work and go to school. It's always fun to go to Yellowstone even though I've been there numerous times. I never get sick of seeing the scenery.

Getting some ice cream after watching Old Faithful.
Old faithful.
Mama and baby Elk. Reese also loved seeing them too! We lucked out on this one by taking a little alternate route. We also saw some deer, bald eagles, and of course some squirrels.
Buffalo. Reese was super excited to see him walking right next to the car.
Grizzly Bear -- my first time seeing one at Yellowstone. It was just on the opposite side of the road about 10 yard up... sooo close.

Checkin out the hotpots.
All a girl needs... blankie, binkie, puppy, and lots of books.
Happy traveler. Much to my surprise she did really well in the car since we were in it almost all day long the whole 3 days we were gone. It was once she got out of the car she was wild and very disobedient (I don't blame her - I'm sure being in a car seat all day would make me want to run all over the place too).
Making a detour to see Mesa Falls (I think that is what it's called). As you'll notice Reese is wearing a leash. I vowed I would never put my kids in one of those but the alternative of her falling down mountains or into hot pools wasn't so appealing. Not everywhere is accessible with a stroller so we opted for the leash.

No comments: