Friday, February 19, 2010

2 1/2 weeks

We've survived 2 1/2 weeks so far! I consider that quite an accomplishment! It's been an adjustment - my previous day-to-day routine, before adding another child, has completely flown out the window. I used to be able to get all my housework done before lunch and now I'm lucky to even get a few things accomplished before the days end. It's not that it's really hard having another child at home - it's just more difficult meeting every one's needs throughout the day. Reese has a hard time with this -- she was used to being able to get whatever she needed right away and now I find myself constantly telling her: "just a minute, hold on a sec, or after I finish feeding baby brother." She's still taking it all pretty well - minus the few tantrums tossed into my day, but I can't tell if that's out of frustration with the new baby gobbling up all her attention or just Reese being a 2 year old. It's not too bad though.

Todd and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary this week. Well not so much celebrated but our 4 year anniversary was this week (the 16th). We just sat at home the whole night and pretty much told each other Happy Anniversary! We'll actually do something for it in April when Todd is off from school and we can go stay a night or two in SLC and go to a jazz game (like we do most every year).

Not much else going on... next Wednesday Todd goes back to work. Ugh! Not looking forward to that at all. I don't remember if I posted this yet, but we did find out Todd will be doing his student teaching in Pocatello this fall! Yeah we get to move back -- I kind of miss Pocatello. It will be nice being surrounded by the familiar again and all our old friends. It will be nice being that much closer to family.

Well that's about it... no upcoming events that I can think of. I still need to take some more pictures of Boston. I tried to take a bunch the other day but he was being way to grumpy and wiggly -- so only the one posted above worked out. I need to be working on his birth announcement so I better get pictures done soon. I also really need to re-vamp my blog layout -- it's been the same for way too long! We need a new family picture and more recent pictures of Reese. I just need to get it done!

3 comments:

Heather said...

He is such a cute baby! Don't worry, eventually you'll get into a new routine with two kids and find more time again. Good luck!

Wildingkids said...

He is adorable!! Don't worry..things will start to seem normal. You'll get your routine down!!

The Bee Family said...

Oh I'm so in love with him! What a cute cute picture! My internets been down so that was a fun surprise when I could finally get on. He is soooooo PERFECT!