Tuesday, February 2, 2010

He's Here...

So I was trying to upload a couple pics but it wasn't working... the WI-FI here at the hospital has a few things blocked.

So Boston Todd Welch was born this afternoon at 3:25 P.M. 8lbs 11oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Everything went really smooth today. We arrived at the hospital around 7:30 this morning and by 8:30 we were in our room and hooked up to the IV. They started a very low dose of Pitocin shortly there after to get my contractions going. Everything went really well as we progressed to each stage. They broke my water around 11:30 and got my epidural a little after one. I don't care about being empowered as a woman by doing it all natural, I would rather be comfortable and relax. My epidural worked wonderfully! The whole time today I was just hoping things would go as well as Reese's labor and delivery, and everything was actually even better. Around 3 in the afternoon I was at an 8 and I figured I still had an hour or two. Literally like less than 10 minutes later I was feeling a lot of pressure and it felt like this kid was going to pop right out of me. So I was ready to go and pushed 3-4 times and he was here within like 5-10 minutes. It was a very easy, pain free, and wonderful delivery. He came out screaming and continues to be very vocal! His face was a little black and blue from dropping so fast within those last few minutes but he looks great! Todd and I are doing well and slowly remembering how to do all these newborn things. Reese has been staying with Grandma and Grandpa Welch. It's going to be interesting when she finally meets baby brother. I'll get some pics posted when I get home -- but that is where we are at.

5 comments:

Cartas said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!

Wildingkids said...

Congrats....can't wait to see pics!
Im sure he's adorable! Hope all is well!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it all went well. Looking forward to the pictures. Hope you have a good recovery!

Candi said...

I'm glad it all went so smoothly. We are super excited to see pictures!

ksleightfam said...

YEA!!! Congrats!!! I'm glad to hear everything went so well!! We are excited for you guys, and hope to see him sometime in the near future!!! ;)