Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend at Grandmas

So this weekend we were down at my mom's house for the combined September birthday dinner. My two nephews and my grandmas birthday is in September. It's much easier combining it all rather than traveling down for each birthday. Reese's best buddy (her cousin Dylan) was there at Grandmas house the night before and they got to play together all day.

Their favorite thing to do: playing with the trains. I usually ends up in a fight over who gets to have Thomas, Toby and Percy. For the most part they played pretty well together.
Boston played too. He stole trains and laid on the track.
Reading a book together... it is possible for these two to get along for a few minutes.
My first attempts at using fondant. Thomas the Train cupcake. I used a recipe on makeit-loveit.com I think they turned out pretty good. Except I didn't have very good cutting tools (household items like cups and lids) and the edges aren't very clean but overall not too bad for my first attempt. The kids loved them!

All the kids jumping on Todd.

Opening presents.
Yes that would be my child in the box picking her nose.

1 comment:

kandis said...

Your cupcakes look awesome! Your kids are too cute! I love the picture of Reece at the end. I'm sure she'll love you someday for taking that and even more for showing it to the world! Love it!!