Monday, October 18, 2010

Nothing new... just a couple pics

So we haven't really been up to much lately. Haven't really gone anywhere and done anything. Todd's busy with student teaching so we're pretty home bound. We have a few things coming up this next week - including family visiting from Georgia and my little brother leaves for Boot Camp.
The kids are doing good... Boston is as happy as ever. He has been standing for a few weeks now. He pulls himself up on everything and even walks along the couch while holding on. He still does the army crawl on occasion he'll crawl on his knees - so he can crawl - but for some reason prefers to do it the other way. I'm sure Uncle Thomas will be delighted to hear that I think he's probably going to be left handed.
Hanging out in the bathroom. Not sure what is up with Reese's expression. Scary story the other day... I put Reese in the tub and Boston was just hanging out by the tub and I was going to put a load of laundry in (our washing machine is just right next to our bathroom) and I decided against it and wait until bath time was over -- well not 10 seconds later did Boston try and reach for a toy in the tub and fell in! I was right there to immediately grab him, but he still went in all the way. He was completely drenched and pretty traumatized. I was so scared of what could have happened if I had put a load of laundry in. So that's my bad mom story.

A little bath time entertainment.

2 comments:

The Bee Family said...

That's not a bad mom story that's a good mom story! That's called following a promting!!! Bathtime scares me too...ben has fallen in twice that way I guess they need to make the sides taller!!!!

Candi said...

That still small voice!! I've learned to listen, no matter how small or insignificant, when I have a prompting to do something I do it. There have been many times that we are all loaded up in the car ready to back out and something tells me to go grab an extra passy. I question, try to justify that I already have one. But, it never fails the passy falls in the dirt at the park, without a place to rinse it off - I needed the extra passy. Sometimes I never find out the reason for the feeling - I guess that's a good thing, it means the bad thing was avoided. Here is my "bad mom" one: Last week, I ran into the house to grab something and it was taking a little longer than normal. I felt the strong need to check on the girls in the car. Annagrace had unbuckled, climbed into the driver seat, and was pretending to drive. UGHHH!! She has NEVER done that before.