Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finally, for those of you that care... I'm posting...

So I don't know what the deal has been lately but I just haven't taken too many pictures or really been in the mood to blog. A few things have happened the last few weeks... and sadly I should have taken more pictures. A couple weekends ago we went down and spent some time with our families. We celebrated all the March birthdays on my side of the family (since there are 5 or so) and had a huge (Thanksgivingish size dinner). We also so spent some time with Todd's family that weekend. Todd had to be back in Rexburg by Monday for school but Reese and I stayed in Preston to play. It was my mom's spring break so we just bummed around. We even managed a trip to SLC and stay in a hotel for a night. We went shopping, swimming and dining. Reese chowing down on her macaroni at IKEA. It was my first time going to this monstrous store. Miraculously I only walked out with a set of finger puppets. I must admit a lot of the items were a little too modern for me. I liked a lot of the little accessories but not so much the bigger furniture. We made a trip to Tai Pan as well. I could have definitely spent a lot more in that store - more my style. Again, only picked out a couple things (to stay within the budget Todd set for me). Lucky for Reese the Grandmas weren't on a budget and spoiled her to pieces. She got a lot of new "pretties."
At the hotel jumping on the bed while eating a sucker -- Grandma Nan keeps her purse stocked with all of Reese's favorites (fishes, fruit snacks, juice, and a sucker). We went swimming at our hotel but I didn't grab my camera. Too bad, Reese had a cute new swimsuit to show off. She did look pretty funny while we were swimming because I forgot to pack some little swimmers and she just used a diaper -- and it got soo full of water that it made her look like she had a HUGE booty. I probably should have at least taken a picture of that, because seriously it was huge!

I am so thankful for the nice weather we have been having. We even made a trip to the park and so did the rest of the town. There were so many kids and parents there soaking up the sun. Reese loved, loved, loved it!! She kept going in the tunnel and blocking any other child that wanted to go through it. I kept having to fish her out and place her on a different part of the equipment. Hopefully the weather keeps up like this, it's been so nice being able to spend a lot of the day outside. Even if it's just sitting on the grass outside out apartment - so much better than being inside.

I was annoyed that bigger kids kept getting in the baby swings (and their parents letting them)... I wanted to tell them all off, but I decided against it. **Notice the girl next to Reese if your feet can touch the ground you shouldn't be in a baby swing.

The slide was probably her favorite. Even though this one you couldn't really slide down because of all the bends, but Reese liked it anyways - probably because she could go down it all by herself.


Reese loves to have any sort of dip when she's eating. Especially BBQ or ketchup. She could probably make a meal out of those two sauces alone.


This past weekend Todd's family came up to spend Saturday with us. We watched the afternoon session of conference together, had dinner afterwards, and then the men went off to the Priesthood meeting. We greatly appreciate the time we are able to spend with our families since the visits have decreased greatly since our move. Reese loves her grandparents so much too and loves when she can spend time with them.
Not too much planned for this upcoming week... we'll probably be spending Easter by ourselves which is ok. I need to get working on taking some pics of Reese in her new spring dress... so if the weather stays nice I'll try and get that done this week and post some pics. We'll see how it goes though.





3 comments:

Candi said...

I care!! I'm so glad you posted. I check it every day! I agree with you about IKEA. They have alot of fun accessories but everything is very modern, it's hard to find traditional stuff in there. Reese is so cute. It looks like you have been having some fun. Grandparents are the best - their job is to spoil, spoil, spoil!

The Bee Family said...

Holy Crap!!! You actually posted???
K- So I'm way happy to get your opinion on IKEA I've been wondering if I needed to stop there on one of my trips down to St. George or SLC but now I won't feel to bad if I don't make it! And all I have to say is thank goodness for our husbands putting us on budgets...or we'd be in serious trouble..atleast I would anyway. :) Especially at Tiapan!

Heather said...

I love reading your posts! Reese is soo cute and I'm loving her hair the longer it gets. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun on your trip. Quinton loves ketchup too and has to have his food covered with it when we get it out.
We go to Rigby/Rexburg a lot - we should set up a play date this summer sometime! Now that I'm finally not pregnant or exhausted with a newborn I should be able to get out more.