Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A day at the park...

So Todd had the day off and I really wanted to be out of the house as much as possible -- so we went for a nice morning walk, picked up some ice cream, and even made it to the park. I realize the park pictures are getting kind of boring since it's the only place we go here in town. Last week we did try out another park on the other side of town but it just wasn't as toddler friendly and it was a lot dirtier.
Reese is no longer afraid to climb all over the equipment but she is still very much an observer. She loves to watch the other kids and laugh at all they do. There were some wild boys running and jumping on everything so she kind of stood in one place the whole time (the bridge is her favorite). I'm surprised they didn't bounce her off for how wild they were acting (I also think they were a bit old to be playing on the equipment, but I won't get into to that whole peeve again).
We did explore a bit more of what the park had to offer. One of Reese's favorite things (for some odd reason) were they picnic tables under the pavilion - apparently they are really fun to walk back and forth on. Odd I know.
We hung out around big trees too.
The splash park was supposed to close Labor Day weekend but for some reason it was still going today and Reese eventually was brave enough to touch the water on her own. Normally she's deathly afraid of it. There were a lot of other little girls running through the fountains but she didn't quite get to that - she did get completely drenched. We didn't really come prepared for her to get in the water, but we figured if she wanted to get all wet it's only a 2 minute drive home.
She even tried to taste the water a few times, and as you can tell she was completely drenched from head to toe. Luckily we found a spare diaper and a T-shirt of mine (in the trunk) to change her into so she wouldn't freeze.
We haven't been up to much else. Todd has been in Idaho Falls everyday for work training. He did get a promotion at work so we're happy about that. Really that's about it. No plans coming up either.

4 comments:

Heather said...

It always irritates me when big kids are playing on little kid toys or parents just let their kids run all over everybody else like at the play area in the mall. Anyways, I love the picture of her tasting the water! She is a cutie.

ksleightfam said...

Those are some really cute pictures Kim, she is getting so big!! I love the pic of her trying to get a drink! You have such a cute fam!!

Megan said...

I love your pictures of her at the splash park. You are so talented! :) I hear you about no plans...lately I feel like life is all about blah...

Dan n' Josie said...

This looks so fun, I can not wait until I can take Bray to water parks.