Thursday, September 3, 2009

Denver

So last week our little family went to Denver to spend a few days with Todd's brother Torben and his family. On our way down we stopped for a bit in Brigham to visit Reese's Great Grandma Roxcy. Reese loved to play around in her backyard and look at the neighbor's dogs with Grandma. We opted to fly this trip since it would only be an hour flight versus a 8 or so hour car ride (not my idea of fun with a 1 year old - plus Reese is still free to fly since she's under 2).

This would be Reese's 2nd trip on a plane. We were a little more nervous for the take off and landing this time around since she is a lot more aware. She surprised us both and laughed the whole time. She loved the whole airport experience too - I'm pretty sure she pointed out every single airplane within sight. We had nice BBQ the first night. This was the most time I've ever spent with Torben and Angela and it was really nice to get to know them better. We are so grateful to them for letting us stay and all that they did to ensure when had a great time (which we did)!
The first full day in Denver we went to the zoo!! The biggest zoo we have been to yet. If you're wondering why I have just random pictures of animals they are for Reese... she really likes to look at them -- so I tried to snap a pick of anything that would cooperate. Above is some strange thing called a Tapir.

Reese and Ava chillin' in their strollers.

Checkin' out the polar bear - you can barely see his head poking above water in the distance... he would get a lot closer but I always missed the shot.

Reese loves penguins.

Josie this on is for you... I hope you especially like the poop smeared all over his butt.

Reese's very favorite -- elephants!



The whole group. Sorry the picture is so pixilated. I accidentally saved it at too low of a file.



This is my favorite picture from the day... Reese's expression kills me.

1 comment:

Dan n' Josie said...

Thank you for the tribute!!! Gotta love the hippos, they are just the cutest..I'm way jealous you got to go here..!!!