Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Well we didn't do anything too exciting for the 4th. Just stuck around Rexburg on Saturday. We went up to the parade Saturday morning. Didn't realize there was going to be as many people as there was and we had to park a few blocks away from the park and make a short trek to find a spot. We didn't get there early enough to be right on the street, but we found a place that had about an 8" space in between some peoples lawn chairs so Reese could squeeze through and get some of the candy being thrown. It was all dandy until this other family showed up and kept invading our personal space with their 50 kids who kept going back and forth and past us - it was driving me nuts. The parade was like 2 hours long (wasn't expecting that). Along time to just be standing there in the sun. They had some booths and things set up there in the park, but we decided to pass and went home to get some lunch. I was all by myself with the kids (Boston strapped to me and Reese in the stroller/walking), Todd was to the parade long enough to help us find a spot and then he had to go to work. Reese liked the parade though - especially all the different dance and cheer groups. We'll definitely have to sign her up for something next year when she's 3. {Above: Reese and Boston modeling their new blankets the Grandma's sewed for them-they were in the quilting mood so I bought some fabric and gave them a project}.
Later that night after Todd got off work we went and watched the fireworks. We parked our blankets at the Nature Park by the fairgrounds and waited patiently for the show to start. It was kind of a sad display of fireworks (at least in comparison to the Idaho Falls fireworks that we usually go and see). We didn't feel like fighting the crowds in IF this year.
{Laying back watching the show}



On the 4th we went down to Preston. Sunday morning my brother's baby was being blessed. So most of the day we were taking part of blessing festivities. Later when it started getting dark we went on on the front steps of my mom's house and lit off the few fireworks I had purchased. $30 worth of fireworks doesn't get you too much. We had a couple packs of sparklers, some flowers, these 2 turtles that Reese insisted on, and a pack of about 10 fountains. It wasn't too bad of a little show. Reese liked it and I suppose that is all that mattered.




Boston didn't like the fireworks too much.


Reese wouldn't dare hold a sparkler either.


Sorry some of these pics are pretty pixelated. I didn't want my flash on so my ISO was set pretty high.
Watching the fireworks with Grandpa.
Reese's turtles.

It was a fun weekend. Reese cried the next morning when we had to pack up and go home. She loved playing at Grandma's.

2 comments:

Dan n' Josie said...

I love Boston's face in the one right before he cries..Hey if your mom and gram are still in the quilting mood, tell them I'll surely buy some fabric, ha ha.

Heather said...

We were at the Rexburg parade too! We were by the Maverik, though, and I went from freezing cold to burning hot when the sun came out from behind the clouds. I love your firework pics!