Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Day

We were up bright and early 7:30 A.M. I must admit - Reese was waking up and probably would have went back to sleep for a while longer but my 8 month prego body could not take anymore! Reese always sleeps in our bed whenever we are out of town (she refuses to sleep in the pack and play). She is a snuggler -- and by that I mean she is practically laying on top of you, sleeping sideways and her head on my pillow. So all night I'm an inch or so from falling off the edge of the bed (and yes I push her over to her side NUMEROUS times during the night). So it was time to get up!! It only took a little convincing -- once we said "presents" the magic word apparently her little eye balls were wide awake and wanted to go find Grandma -- so she could open her presents. This year was very unlike last year -- she knew exactly what to do and didn't waste a second before tearing into her stocking.
She opened present after present - always eager for the next. Yes Santa gives little girls clothes too!
She had to have a new baby -- an obvious choice since there will be a new baby in our house shortly.
The madness of opening presents started to fade when she realized she wanted to play with her newly opened presents. Especially her new dollhouse.
Enjoying some pretend tea from her tea set Grandma and Grandpa gave her.
--After breakfast we got ready and headed down to Preston. Every year we gather up at my Grandma's for dinner and more chaotic present openings! It's getting more and more crowded every year. We used to all fit somewhat comfortably in Grandma Nan's front room -- now we are practically stacked floor to ceiling. We had a lovely turkey and ham dinner and then opened more presents.
My little nephew Dylan sampling some peppermint bark! I think he likes it!

The annual crumpled wrapping paper ball fight (usually started by my brother Justin). Note: I found 4-5 crumpled balls lodged in between branches of my Grandma's tree. Stay out of the crossfire.
Here we all are! All nice and cozy! All the little boys got new Lionel Train sets from my dad -- they were pretty excited. Reese was pretty jealous - she has to wait until baby brother is a here to get one -- so maybe next year (in all reality I told my dad we have absolutely no room to put a train that she'll destroy in a day) -- so we'll wait a little longer. I'm a mean mom I know!
There were plenty of helpers all around the room!
The waiting game! My Uncle Kent, Aunt LaDawn and Nan patiently waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive so we could start eating! My brother Chris' family is always late to everything!!

Securing a spot on couches before we start opening presents. You wouldn't want to risk being lost amongst present debris by sitting on the floor.
Ah -- what could be better than bubble wrap!

All the little kids got matching red snowman jammies from my mom.
It was pure madness that night but it's so great to have everyone there together.

No comments: