Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a little update...

Sorry I haven't posted lately... there really hasn't been too much going on. The past month has been pretty unexciting. Todd did start back at school full time. So I'm back to feeling like a single mom since he's gone from morning til night with work and school. I am so grateful that he is able to take on this full load and that I am able to stay at home but sometimes it's a bummer! The bits and pieces of time he has in the day when he's not gone he's grabbing a bite to eat before heading somewhere else or doing homework. The only comforting thought is he's almost done! So it's not actually Todd's birthday until Tuesday (he'll turn the big 26)! Last Wednesday we met Todd's family and a few of our friends in Pocatello to have a birthday dinner at Golden Corral (one of Todd's favorite places to eat). We celebrated a little early so we wouldn't have to travel any closer to my due date and because Todd actually had the night off from work.

Today Todd's birthday present arrived so Reese and I wrapped it up. Todd couldn't wait and asked to open it tonight (his actual birthday is going to be very dull)! Reese helped a lot with the wrapping. We went to the store and I let her pick what kind of wrapping paper we were going to use. Well she actually only picked up the Spongebob Squarepants card and I picked out the coordinating paper and ribbon. She had fun decorating the paper and I even let her wrap the smaller gift. She needed a little help applying the tape but did awesome folding over the edges of the paper. Todd was very excited to get a travel Phase 10 handheld game (something to do when we're at the hospital) and a new CD player for his car (his other one is shorting out and a lot of the buttons stopped working). He also got a new pair of shoes last week but they were more of a necessity for school so it doesn't really count (he needed something fun)!
So I was a little bored tonight and made some T-shirts for Reese and soon to be Baby Boston (I don't think I've actually announced the name yet so there you go). The original plan was to keep it a secret (since I was so annoyed by peoples comments with Reese -- "Isn't that a boy's name?" was the most common one), but I was too curious about peoples comments with Boston that it slipped out a bit too often. Naturally nobody really likes it but too bad - that is going to be his name. Boston Todd actually. No we're not any sort of Boston Red Sox or Celtics fans and neither of us have ever been to Boston - it was just one of the names that we both actually agreed on. We also like that he could be called Boss for short. So there you have it.
An update... I'm 38 1/2 weeks! Physically: utterly miserable (mostly due to lack of sleep and a constantly aching body). I had an appointment on Wednesday and I was at 2cm already! Which sounds a little promising that it might be soon! With Reese even a week after her due date there was nothing going on (hence the induction).
So that's pretty much it -- probably the next post will be when Baby Boston is finally here! I would be ecstatic if it was this weekend - but that's just wishful thinking.

5 comments:

Dan n' Josie said...

He needs to hurry!!! how did you make those little shirts, so cute!

Candi said...

I love the shirts! I need to make some too. But honestly I'll probably just buy some at carter's, I'm stressing out a liitle over how quickly this pregnancy is flying by. I have so much on my to do list still. I think ice given up on organizing the craft room until after the baby comes. I'm skipping on to the baby room, it's more fun! Anyway I can't wait to meet Boss or at least skype to see him. Hope everything goes smoothly and SOON for you. We love and miss you guys!

The Bee Family said...

Happy Birthday Todd! That's fun that Reese helped wrap presents! And I love the name Boston!

The Higbees said...

Hi kim!! I'm expecting a shirt that says, "I'm the favorite aunt!" ok thanks!!

ksleightfam said...

I think Boston is really cute!!! Also, i really want to know how you made those shirts too, they are so cute!! I'm sure that the pregnancy hasn't flown by for you, but i can't believe you are about to have him already!!! Congrats, I'm excited for you guys, hope all goes well, and i hope he is a little smaller for your sake ;)