Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is what happens to babies on the move...

So as I have mentioned before Reese is crawling now... Above is a picture of Reese's holding cell while mommy tries to update her blog. I've tried to hold her while typing and that is impossible!!! She's grabbing at everything she can get her chubby little hands on and usually helping me type as well - which only results in me having to erase and retype almost every word. The laundry basket keeps her entertained momentarily - enough to get a little done.
So she doesn't seem to mind her prison -- she definately enjoys pressing her face up against the net and having a taste. My house is a disaster - I miss the days when I could sit her in her bouncy chair and get all sorts of things done. I do love that she is able to interact more with the world around her. She crawling all over us demanding all sorts of attention and affection.
So not much else has been going on lately. Todd is switching to overnights next week... which frees up more time at home and he has to work less days but longer shifts. So three nights a week I'll be sleeping solo - which kind of stinks - but having him at home more when I'm there will be nice. He used to work mostly nights and not get home til eleven at night and that stunk. I wish I could only work 3 days a week!!!
So I'm working on getting Reese on some sort of bedtime routine. She used to sleep so well... she would fall asleep at a decent time and stay asleep all night! Now she'll go to sleep when we usually go to sleep at like clock work she'll wake up at 3 AM!! So we are trying to do the same routine... Ideally I would like to go for a evening walk (which who knows if that will keep happening), give her a bath, read a couple stories and have a bottle and off to bed. We'll see how long this will last... I just hate being so disoriented and not having control over the sleeping situation. It will be nice having Todd home during all this now. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to mention them I'm open to other options. Well I better get ready for bed myself... I have to work tomorrow.. it's the sucky part of my week.. I don't have a day off til next Wednesday, ugh!

1 comment:

The Bee Family said...

Kim-I'm sitting here laughing my head off. Because as I read this Sadie is tearing my dad's office to pieces. LOL anyway I don't know what to say about the bed time routine....I've just barely got Sadie doing a little better. I'll have to think on it and let you know.