Sunday, August 24, 2008

When I grow up...

So I don't know if I've mentioned before than I'm trying to break into the design world. Ideally I would like to work from home and do wedding announcements, baby announcements, Christmas cards or whatever (and I've even started playing around with some video editing software for Wedding videos). It's something I've always been into... but I'm not business savvy. I've done a few wedding announcements here and there... this is the most recent one I did (hopefully they don't mind it's on here for the world to see). I still have a lot of things to learn - I know there are a lot more brilliant designers out there and I'm not all about being Miss Super Design Woman... more as a hobby - or enough to bring in enough cash so I don't have to have an outside job. Like I said the goal here is to stay at home - so there is a little insight to a goal of mine. We are moving to Rexburg in December - all those young, poor Mormons up there getting hitched should provide some opportunities to develop some more skills in the industry. So I'm just babbling now... but I just thought maybe someone out there might be interested it what I want to be when I grow up.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I think you are super talented, maybe I'll have you do our birth announcements if Cooper ever decides to get here! Wow, so why the move to Rexburg? Good luck!

The Bee Family said...

Kim-Awsome job on the announcement. If I ever get married again you can do mine!J/K well you really could but I NEVER am going to get married again I love Eli way to much. Maybe you can do like our 50th anniversary or something! Or Hey hopefully someday Abbey will get married. :) Well even after seeing Reese last Saturday I still can't get over how dang cute she is! Oh and P.S. I'm still soooo jealous of your camera! Miss you!

Megan said...

I have a dumb question, but I'm just curious...where would you go to print that wedding announcement, especially when you need so many copies?

Tina said...

Kim I love it, your so good at that!! Next baby I will have you do mine... Oh and I love the idea!! And yes Rexburg is the marriage capital! I think you would do really well!! Your so good at it! Did you guys find a place to live yet??