Sunday, February 8, 2009

Busy Weekend...

So this weekend Reese and I went to Preston. We had a baby shower to attend on Saturday but decided to take a few extra days to hang out with my family. We got down there Thursday and spent the rest of that day hanging out with our good friends Kate and Sadie. Reese loved having a little play mate - there is definitely truth behind the saying "double trouble." We went to Logan and went shopping and enjoyed some Jamba's.

Friday we visited Grandma at work (good ole' PHS) and she took the liberty of taking her around and showing her off. Naturally Reese performed as a good little monkey should. She waved, danced, and teased everyone she came in contact with. We spent most of the afternoon at Grandma Nan's (Reese's Great Grandma). I was trying to finish up a quilt that I was giving for a baby shower the next day and while Reese terrorized Nan's house. She successfully had goldfish crackers smashed all over the front room floor, threw my scrap fabric all over the kitchen (and even made a game of throwing the scrap fabric in Grandma Nan's hair), and not to forget she bullied her cousin Dylan to a speechless stupor (he was so afraid of the wild woman).

Saturday was pretty eventful. Early in the morning my friend Josie and I went to Logan to visit a friend who just had her baby and chatted he morning away with stories of the "good old days." It was great seeing some old friends. That afternoon was the baby shower for Josie and Amanda. Thankfully I had my quilts done (I about threw my sewing machine out the window the previous day when it kept acting up while trying to finish Josie's quilt). Saturday night we just played around at my mom's house and left to come back home early Sunday morning.

Tonight I'm finally being brave and letting Reese cry herself to sleep. I'm tired of sleepless nights. I know I should have done this eons ago but it's hard to not comfort her. Attempt 1: Left her in her room at 9:45 cried for 5 minutes and fell asleep. We'll see how the rest of the night goes. Wish me courage!! I feel bad for our upstairs neighbors, oh well! They deserve it with their game nights and stupid blasting radio!!
Josie's quilt. I forgot to take a picture of Amanda's - it was hot pink and lime green.
Reese made some new friends at the baby shower. Kate had a lot of nieces and nephews to keep her entertained.

All dolled up and ready to head to Grandma's!

I heart Jamba Juice. They used our extra juice and made a little jamba for each of the girls. They even cut the straws to fit in their little cups! As cute as it was we soon learned that these could not be enjoyed without adult supervision!



2 comments:

The Bee Family said...

Love the pics! Thanks for coming down to hang out. We had lots of fun and wish we could do it more!

Ash said...

I loved seeing you girls, too! Your rag quilt is adorable! I love the patterns! Also, I have to say, I love the photo of Sadie and Reese at Jamba, how adorable!