Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Weekend Get Away...

My wide eyed little Nephew Dylan -- at Brooklynn's party.
Brookie and Grandma blowing out the candles on her My Little Pony cake.


The Birthday Girl.


A picture I forgot to post last time that cracks me up.


A glimpse at our room -- the picture of the other 1/2 of the room didn't work out.
--Also I have a couple pictures from the Jazz game but for some reason they aren't showing up when I plug my card into the computer. Oh well!

THE WEEKEND
So this last weekend we had out little get away to celebrate our 3rd Anniversary. Although we only had about 36 hours completely to ourselves it was still a nice break from our regular routine. Thursday we set off after Todd got out of class for the day and made our first stop in Downey. We stayed the night there and the next morning headed off for our next adventure. We left Reese behind with Grandpa and Grandma Z and Todd and I made our way south and checked into the Providence Inn. We stayed here last year too. This year we had the New Orleans Room. It was just as nice as last years room (last year we had the Bridal Suite) but it didn't have a fireplace. Oh well for about $30 cheaper we'll live without the fireplace. We caught a matinee - He's just not that into you and ate at Fredrico's for dinner. We actually ran into a friend of ours their from Pocatello and had a nice visit. It a nice little relaxing stay at the inn. I hardly knew what to do with myself since "someone" wasn't clinging on me all day and driving me bananas. I remember last year missing Reese a lot more, but then she was only 2 months old and I definitely didn't miss her too much this year. Mommy needed a break.
Saturday morning we got up checked out and headed out on the next leg of our journey and made our way south yet again to Salt Lake City. We spent the afternoon bumming around the Gateway. We saw another movie -- Coraline in 3D. As you can tell we don't go out to see too many movies so we made up for lost time. We did a little shopping had some lunch at Applebee's and then made our way to the Jazz game. We were able to get their early enough to each get a free full size Jazz basketball that they were handing out at the door and we even found a short line to get Thurl Bailey's autograph (I would have preferred Kyle Korver's but the opportunity never presented itself so we settled with the old guy). We had a nice time at the Jazz game even though we were up in the nose bleeds -- someday we'll fork out some real dough and get some decent seats but right now we are poor college students. After the game we headed back up North to Preston to stay at my mom's for the night. Reese had been delivered there by the other Grandma earlier that day and luckily she was sound asleep by the time we got home.
Sunday morning we went to church with my mom and then headed up to Grandma Nan's for Birthday dinner. It was Brooklynn/Justin's birthday dinner and it was more like Thanksgiving! We had ham, turkey, stuffing, rolls, sour cream potatoes -- the works! Yum! Reese loved having all the other grand kids there to play with. It was fun to have all of my family there too since we don't see them as often since we moved. After we stuffed ourselves with dinner and cake and ice cream we set off for home finally. We had a nice weekend. It went way too fast - but we're back to reality now, back to work, school and taking care of the homestead. Hopefully we'll be able to getaway sometime soon again.

No comments: