Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hooray for Circuit City going out of business...



Ok not the best news for circuit city, but great news for me. I got a new digital SLR camera... a Sony A200!! I am so excited! I very soon learned that I have no idea how to use the camera beyond the auto setting but I am excited to start learning. It's only an entry level SLR but I couldn't refuse the price (which since I have no idea what I'm doing will be great)! I haven't seen any decent SLR's for under $500. So imagine my delight!
I love my point and shoot but it's so frustrating to miss photo opps of Reese due to lag -- already I've been able to catch smiles on almost every picture I've taken on the new camera!!!! Yeah!!! Any other SLR users out there know of any good books or anything to help me figure out what I'm doing? I did take a photography class a few years ago at ISU - I should have paid more attention and kept my book. It wasn't a digital class though so I'm not sure how much it would have helped.

2 comments:

Candi said...

go to www.thepioneerwoman.com
she has a whole photography section that is awesome!!

The Bee Family said...

-k- I almost cried when I read this! I am sooo jealous! Eli says I can get one when he starts work but still! How fun! Now you'll have to show me how to use photo shop and my camera! I think a blog would be fun I'll call you today so we can talk some more about it!