Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Weekend...

We went home for the weekend to spend time with both of our families. It was the first time we've been home since we moved to Rexburg. It was nice to spend time with everyone. We started the weekend off spending time in Preston. Friday night we went to the boys high school varsity game (since my mom does the score book for the boys teams) - it was a pretty sad game... almost worse that watching a church ball game. Not at all how I remembered the games being when I was in school. Saturday morning my mother, Reese and I made a quick trip to Logan to pick up a few things for a baby shower I'm going to next weekend. While we were in Wal-Mart I noticed there were actually 2 employees working that can pierce ears and I was finally brave enough (yeah I'm the one that had to be brave since Reese had no idea what was coming). We got her ears pierced. We almost did it back in October but there was only one person working and they advised she might not let her 2nd ear get done after she got the first one done. She did so great! She didn't even cry! She kind of whimpered for half a second and then was perfectly fine! My mother pointed out I was a much bigger wuss when I got mine done (I was like 6 months) she said I screamed my head off. Sunday we were in Downey to watch the game. We had extreme nachos for dinner and Reese loved that! She loved even more that she could just pick what she wanted off of Daddy's plate. If she picked up a chip with out any cheese or meat on it she would dip it in some on Todd's plate. I should have taken a picture of the cheese ALL OVER HER FACE, but you'll just have to use your imagination. Reese even got 2 fists full of M&M's while daddy wasn't watching and shoved them in her mouth faster than she has ever eaten anything before (which goes to show she knows when she's doing something wrong). I'm surprised she didn't have a tummy ache later --
She showed a lot more interest in my mom's cat this weekend. She would pet him so softly and just say "oh yeah" over and over again. She even gave him loves by pressing her face up to his tummy which scared me to death because I know how easily that cat can turn on you. It's been declawed and since then has become a biter (since it is his only defense), surprisingly he never retaliated while Reese annoyed him.

Sorry this isn't the best picture of her new earrings but it's the only one I have right now.



In the car on the way down to see the Grandma's, shoveling chicken nuggets into her face and wearing mommy's sunglasses.


We also went to a Marsh Valley game Saturday night since Todd's dad had to be there. She loved both basketball games - especially the pep bands. She danced and cheered during both games. They were her first games and she loved them.
PS Candi we got Reese's birthday present today and she LOVES, LOVES IT!! I don't have any pictures right now since my battery is dead. She loves to point at the different characters and smash her face into them. Perfect present! I had looked at these one time but they weren't ever available when I tried to order them -- so good job for reading my mind! (For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about it's a Sesame Street Pillowcase with her name personalized on it with a character behind each letter).



2 comments:

Candi said...

Yeah!! I'm glad she loves it!

Ash said...

Way to go with the ear piercing! We did Brooklyn's when she was like 2 and she was NOT happy... Smart thinking to have 2 people, too. We only had one, and Brooklyn, who's already dramatic, flipped out on the 2nd ear. I had to put her in a headlock...Thankfully she doesn't seem to remember... Anyways, Reese is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe how big she's gotten!