Thursday, April 3, 2008

An update...

(From left to right top row: Great Grandma Nan, Alisha Jason and Ethan , Grandma and Grandpa, Chris, Brooklyn, Suzy and Mason... Bottom Row: Me, Todd and Reese, Tyler, Justin, Dylan and Cami... and of course Angel.. from this picture you can't see that she's a tri-pod.. she looks like a whole dog)
I know that the last few posts have just been a few quick sentences.. I've been trying to get it updated when I can but our internet is never working.. however it's going on two days in a row so I might be safe to write a little more now.

Life has been going really well lately. We had a nice spring break.. (which means daddy didn't have to go to class and could be home with mommy and Reese). We didn't really do anything spectacular. We went down and visited Grandma in Preston and went shopping before she headed off to the Big Apple.

Easter weekend was really nice.. (other than it was my sunday to teach).. as much as I hate to admit it the lessons are getting better and I'm getting less nervous.. I cringe at the thought of other callings that are now becoming available as people move out of the ward... I'm happy where I am only having to prepare something once a month. My plate is full. After church we headed to Preston and went to Sacrament Meeting with grandma and had easter/birthday dinner for grandma and uncle Chris. It was really nice.. ham and twice baked potatoes oh and of course lime cheesecake.. (my favorite!!!). We actually had everyone there (a true miracle) and snapped a family photo.

Reese has been getting so big lately.. she blows lots of bubbles, she hasn't rolled over yet but she's figuring out.. she'll roll all the way over on her side and just lays there to play with her toys. Anything she can get in her hands she is tasting.. She talks and talks and laughs and laughs.. it melts my heart when she giggles. She lays on her tummy and just kicks and kicks.. I think she will we a quick learner when it comes to crawling.. she's got all the movements down.. she just has to figure out that she's stuck high centered on her belly. That will be the biggest obstacle getting that gut off the floor. She just turned three months on the 28th of March.

Uncle Thomas got to baby sit Reese all by himself for a few hours last saturday sine I had to work later and Todd had to go to work. Everyone survived... I came home to a soggy bum I had to change.. Thomas claimed he didn't smell anything.. but we all know he wasn't going to bother with changing her bum... poor girl she was swimming.

On friday we get to go down to Todd's mission reunion in Bountiful and show her off to all his mission buddies. Last year at this time we were in South Jordan to his last mission reunion and there were only a couple babies. I'm anticipating more this time around. Little did we know we were actually expecting at the time as we were getting the word from his mission president to not wait to have children. That the lord would bless us if we started our families asap.

Hopefully the internet keeps working.. it drives me nuts not being able to get on here everyday to do updates and check out everyone's.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ok, I dont think I have ever seen your dad before, have I? thats a sweet picture, I think the last one we have of us all is at our wedding, I wish we would think of that more!! Man you baby is sooo cute! I just need to send this stuff! THAT is my goal... to send it before the mon. before she gets to big!!

Tess said...

that's great that you could get the whole family together- that is the best!