Monday, May 12, 2008

El Dia de Madre...

So the Mothers Day sha-bang started actually Saturday. It's tradition for my in-laws to go to the Hale theater in West Valley to see a show for Mothers Day. This year we went and saw Annie Get Your Gun. I really quite enjoy musicals (and also a Saturday off)!!! Following the show we had a nice lunch at Chili's. It was a very nice get together and a perfect way to celebrate motherhood (leaving the children at home).
Sunday I came down to Preston and went to Sacrament Meeting with my mom. Following the meeting the ward gave all the mothers two big bluebird (a restaurant in Logan) chocolates...Yum!!! We skipped out on the remaining meetings to have a nice little MD lunch. All my brothers came up and we enjoyed heaping piles of chicken, dutch oven potatoes, fresh fruit, and other tasty things. (photo: My brother Justin and his boy Dylan, My grandma and Reese, and my sis-in-law Suzy and her daughter Brooklyn).
Yes we are starting that wonderful teething phase. She is practically running faucet. This was also an outfit we used for her pictures we just got (we had to do a clothing change after a few frames if you can imagine why).
Brookie and Reese -- just chillin'. (These two are 10 months apart). -- For those of you inquiring about the use of the Superman table cloths for Mothers day... my mom has a huge bin downstairs of random holiday paper goods (napkins, plates, and tablecloths)... and somehow we end up using whatever is on top. We also had Easter napkins for Mothers Day. We figured Superman could be changed to Super"mom." You just have to know how holidays go at my house.. For easter we probably had plates with turkeys on them and strawberry shortcake napkins. Just one of our little "things."
The reason I get to celebrate Mothers Day this year. My beautiful baby Reese. Actually we kind of celebrated last year... Todd got me a card and the pregnant Willow Tree figurine. This year Todd gave me 'Enchanted' the movie, some beautiful roses (never get tired of those), and some candy. I am so grateful to be a mom!!! I am also grateful for my beautiful and perfect mom. Perfect for me anyways. I'm a lucky girl!!! -- Some day hopefully Reese will think the same thing -- at least that's my goal!!

No comments: