Thursday, May 1, 2008

4 month check up...

Look what I can Do!!! You would think with that gut she wouldn't be hungry. She does like her finger food....ha ha... ok that wasn't really funny. Todd made me come in the living room the other day to see this. I didn't capture it quite in time... but she practically had both fists inside her mouth. She's a talented girl.
This was taken on Sunday -- just chilling at home. Sitting on dad. She hates to lay down and if she is laying down she'll do these little crunch sit up like things to try and pull herself up to a sitting position. Naturally she can't sit up yet....so she needs a little assistance from mom or dad.
You can see the remnants of her shots, a little circular bandage. She had to have 3 shots today, and one oral vaccination. She seems pretty content for having gone through such a rough visit.

So today we went in for our four month check up. I was nervous because it was shots day again. I was also really curious to know how much she's grown. Currently she is weighing in at 17 pounds 4 ounces, and 27 inches long. Yes she is quite a big girl... again in the 95th percentile. She's not really chubby though, she's quite proportional. Naturally she cried when she got her shots... but by the time we got her dressed she was done. After that I rewarded her for being such a big girl with a little shopping trip. We found a couple cute things on clearance into Fred Meyer (I'm pretty sure she really didn't care that we went shopping) -- found a few summer things for her to wear when we go to Georgia this summer. Who knows, at the rate she is growing the things I bought her might fit next month. I'm really hoping she will eventually have a little sister so we can get a little more use out of some of these clothes.

She's been really sleepy the rest of the night. I keep checking on her (call me paranoid) to make sure she's ok... I'm sure it's just her traumatic day and the Tylenol that's kept her snoozing. I did make the mistake to get her up after an hour and half nap (just because I want her to sleep at night) - she screamed like I have never heard her scream before. She never cries. Usually she might do a pitiful fake cry to get someone to pick her up or feed her, but this was bloody murder scream for like 10-15 minutes straight. Finally, I just laid her back in her crib and eventually she fell back asleep. Uncle Thomas was over while all this drama was going on... He's convinced she hates him (only because this happened one other time he was over).

There isn't really anything significant footage on this video. Just a 3D look at our big girl. Sorry about any baby talk. I cringe at hearing myself on video talking like such a dork (so you're not alone).

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thats cute where did you get her cute socks!! And their was only like 1 sec. of you talking I was waiting to laugh!! Come on Kim- next video I want more baby talk!