Sunday, May 18, 2008

One of those important Milestones...

Just in case you all were wondering today was my Sunday to teach and I survived. I get myself so worked up before hand and by the time I'm about half way through my lesson I've calmed down and I don't feel like I'm going to pass out anymore. I am learning and growing with this calling as much as I hate to admit it... I would still rather be the bulletin folder or something not requiring me to get up in front of people.
This little girl is supposed to be taking a nap...I don't usually have her nap in her dress but I didn't want to change her out it because after church we had to go to a nursing home to do sacrament meeting. Speaking of which I don't if I have ever mentioned my fear of nursing/assisted living homes. I am so uncomfortable when ever I've gone to one (which is ridiculous I know). Josie.. kudos to you for working at them for all these years... I don't know how you do it, and Amanda kudos to you as well (I know I would hear about it later if I didn't mention you as well).
Yes Reese reached an important milestone in her life yesterday... one that every little girl looks forward to experiencing at a young age. That's right everyone she watched The Little Mermaid for the first time. Ok maybe not so much watched it... she was in the room while it was playing. She did yell and gurgle during the songs which I interpret as singing (her mother also insisted on singing along). It might have been me that was a little more excited to watch it... even so much that when I went to Wal-Mart I checked out what other Disney classics were available for purchase. Disney does the stupid vault thing where they only release them every once in a while. I have slowly started building my collection. I know how much I enjoyed them growing up and there are those few titles that will never go out of style and every little girl needs to own. We already have The Little Mermaid, Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp and Jungle Book. I've missed the times that Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King have been released. I also have a select few on VHS (that I may have stole from my mother... eventually I would like to get them in DVD -(and my mother would probably like her copies back). Sorry this is boring I was just super excited!

1 comment:

Candi said...

She is so cute! I just introduced Annagrace to Monster's Inc. last week and she loved it. She sat dead still and watched the WHOLE thing. I couldn't believe it. (Well, I did break it up into two sittings) We watched it b/c someone told me that Annagrace looks like Boo in the movie when she has her hair in pigtails. So, we came home to check it out. (I might blog about this) We started our Disney collection when we first got married and we still don't have everything. I hate that they only release them at certain times.