Monday, January 5, 2009

Birthday Party

Once again these pictures are not in the order I intended... so hopefully it's not too confusing. Tired baby after all the partying... check out the new jammies Grandma Z made and of course the elmo slippers. For those of you who didn't know that little fleece bronco blanket is her absolute favorite and won't go anywhere without it. She has so many cute blankets that friends and family made and she likes this stupid one the best (just a little piece of fleece I picked up so she could have a blankie like daddy's when they are watching the game).
Licking the beaters of her first birthday cake. Since Reese doesn't have an opinion on the matter yet she had my favorite Rainbow chip!
Check out the new stroller from her Uncle Jason and Aunt Alisha. Dylan (who is a few months older than her) fought over this the rest of the day. They loved to push it around -- Dylan's dad wasn't too happy to find out that his big boy was playing with a doll stroller (he should want to play with trucks and trains right?)
Brooklynn helping Reese open her presents, a ball popper from Uncle Justin.

Ok we just sang happy birthday and Reese is looking around wondering what she is supposed to do with this cake. I have the picture on my mom's camera... but after she started digging into her cake she just cried and cried... I don't know if she like the cake on her hands or didn't like everyone staring at her but she didn't care for any of it.
The remnants of her cake. A bite anyone?

Grandma and Grandpa (and Uncle Thomas) came down even though the weather was bad.

The birthday girl and her daddy. Yes this is how she smiles when you put a camera in her face.

Mommy helping her open her presents.
My masterpiece of a cake... as you can tell Elmo was the theme and she loved all of the decorations she ooooed and awwwed all night while we set up. Notice her trick or treating bucket that doubled as a vase... creepy that there are flowers poking out of Elmo's head.

The decorations, nothing too fancy, she is only one after all!

You've got to have a pretty poofy skirt for your birthday! I couldn't capture of her smiling so this will have to do.
She loved harassing Dylan... she kept trying to open up his vest to look at the bears on his shirt -- the followed him around all day trying to talk and play with him... and he was quite frightened of this strange girl pulling and grabbing at him.













5 comments:

Megan said...

Kim, that Elmo cake is amazing! And you say you have no talent....geesh! I can't believe how big little Reese is getting, or the fact that she is 1!

Megan said...

Hey, I don't know if my last post went through...I just wanted to say that the Elmo cake was awesome! And I can't believe your little girl is 1!

Candi said...

Oh, it kills me how fast they grow up. She is adorable and the party looked like a blast. Wish we were there! Happy Birthday REESE!

Ash said...

I cannot believe she's already 1 year old! Happy Birthday! Sheesh, nice cake making and party decorating skills! You're amazing. So, one thing I noticed...I have the same couch as your Mom and Brooklyn has a twinner cardigan to Reese's! Anyways, that was random, but congrats on making it through the first year. Happy Birthday!

Jackie said...

Cute party and wow I can't believe it has been a year! Happy Birthday little lady!