Monday, January 19, 2009

Too many Dr. Peppers in my system to go to bed...

So one of my new years resolutions should have been to drink less pop... So I'm wide awake thanks to the bubbly goodness that is Dr. Pepper and I also took a late nap after dinner so here I am surfing the web and I thought maybe I would just gab a minute about the nonsense that makes up my existence. So I would like to note the getting to Reese to bed has been going a lot better this week. I've written down a schedule that I would like her to be on and I'm going to do my best to get her to fall into that schedule. I know I should have done this eons ago but it was so hard before we move up here because Todd and my schedules were so all over the place. It was especially hard when he was working over nights... as I have mentioned on previous posts. So Todd is back working on an overnight shift for the next month to help prepare the store for inventory coming up- which is bummer since I hate sleeping alone, on a positive note he is home at noon. So this also adds to me staying up later because it feels like my only free time to just do whatever... if it's reading a book or refreshing my photoshop skills. I just don't have the time it seems like during the day. In an ideal world I could do whatever I want while Reese naps during the day but it seems like something else always creeps into those few hours like cleaning or straightening up something that is a lot easier to do when I don't have my little miniature shadow. I really want to spend more time sitting and playing with her since I missed out on a lot of that while I was working full time. I already feel guilty the times I turn on Elmo's world to divert her attention for a few moments. I don't want her to grow up and be a couch potato.

Sorry to who ever may be reading this it's kind of my only chance to vent or blabber on about what's going on since I can't at the moment find my journal.

I am excited about a recent purchase off of Ebay. I bought 3 of the LDS file folder activity books that I'm excited to put together for Reese. My mom had these same books and I thought they were way cute to have for church. Plus in combines teaching Reese about the gospel. I'm having the strangest feeling of de javu (I'm sure that is spelled wrong) so if I've mentioned these things before just go along with it.

So back to the New Years Resolutions I mentioned in passing... things I would like to expand further on this year would include: 1-being more serious with announcement projects. I really need to get a portfolio put together or something, it's definitely something I have a passion for and it's just on the back burner at the moment. 2- take a cake decorating class. I always watch the Ace of Cakes show on the food network and I would kill to be able to learn how to do that (ok maybe not quite to the magnitude that they do... but on a much smaller scale). 3- Get more organized in everything! House cleaning especially I feel like the only time I get my house really clean is when someone is coming over... it needs to be on a more regular basis, not that I'm a pig but it's something I could improve on. 4- cook new food! We are most definitely in a rut! I've got tons of recipes from friends in books, not to mention what is available online -- and I cook the same things week after week. Lunch is something I struggle with the most I'm sure Todd is sick of me telling him to fix a sandwich. He deserves a little variety. 5-Ok I better wrap this up with Exercise. I cringe at the thought! Gone are the days when I could eat whatever and never exercise and still have a trim body (not that I was ever a twig but I wasn't so dissatisfied with my shape). I don't care for the "softness" that makes up majority of my body between my rib cage and knees... it just has to go. So if anyone has any exercise routines that works well for them.. feel free to divulge. It's too cold most days for a walk and I just don't know what to do. I've been thinking about buying a step. When I took Aerobics at ISU we used these quite often and I thought they could be quite fun without taking up hardly any space... anyways I need to take action instead of just talking about it and putting it off for the next day.

Ok really sorry this ended up being a lot longer than expected... there is a glimpse into the craziness that swirls around in my brain. Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Bee Family said...

Hey it's just me again. I totally understand about how you feel as far as setting goals and putting them on the back burner. I'm hoping while we are in Boise and I'm not working I'll get to them...but then again today during Sadie's nap I watched a movie..(seriously stupid I know like there isn't a bajillion other things to do but I have a headache and a cold and didn't want to. Anyway enough bla bla bla this is a comment section not a book section. So I'll talk to you later. I'm still having serious issues with my photo shop. Not a clue not a single clue. P.S. I want to take a cake dec. class with you. Okay bye for reals.

Ash said...

EWWW Dr. Pooper! Totally kidding. It just reminded me of "back in the day" and our pop arguments. I totally understand about staying up late and everything. Once the kids go to bed, that's when Trent and I have our "me" time. You have fun goals! I think I might copy you! If you have a Michael's I know they do cake decorating classes. They go for like a month or something and cost like $20 or so. Having something like that to do on my own was my sanity saver when Brooklyn and Ethan were little. I HAD to have time away from them--outside the house. And for exercise, I like doing pilates. You don't need anything special to do them--other than the DVD. Mine are like 5 years old, but they're the Winsor Pilates. Trent got them off Ebay. They have a 20 min. work out that I'd do every weekday morning and it was easy--since it didn't take too long. It's a lot of simple moves (or whatever you call them), but they really do give you a good work over--especially butt and "core" mine were always burning the next day... You might be able to find something like that on Ebay or maybe even free on the internet. I was doing them before I got awfully sick with this pg, but my kids liked to "work out" with me when I did them. They'd lay on the floor next to me and try to do what they said to do. It was pretty funny.

Ash said...

I totally dig the sewing thing. My mom gave me my sewing machine like 6 years ago and for the first about 3 years I only got it out to sew a patch in my jeans and stuff like that. It wasn't until I learned out to make rag quilts. My Mom sat down with me and helped me. If you can straight stitch, you can make a rag quilt, it's seriously the easiest thing ever. The hardest part (for me) is the monotony of cutting all of the squares out. All you need is a few yards of fabric, and batting. If you ever want to make one, tell me--it's seriously the easiest thing ever. It took me a while before I was brave enough to attempt clothing of any sort.