Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Day...

After a breakfast in Downey we went down my mom's for the remainder of the day (usually we open presents and have dinner at my Grandma's but there is getting to be too many of us so we broke our usual tradition and had it at my mom's). We had a nice ham dinner with all my brothers and their families, Grandma Nan, and my Uncle Kent and his family also came.
Check out that Christmas morning hair!!!
So we had a "little" snow storm all Christmas day. We barely made it to Preston (picture taken from my mom's front porch). We had the worst time trying to get out of Downey. It is sooo windy there that snow just blew into huge drifts that caused us to get stuck twice on the same road.
The snow ended up being so deep that we had to delay our trip home until the next morning (bummer that Todd didn't have to go to to work Christmas night-sarcasm). It wouldn't have been a problem if we had taken our jeep but we took the Altima and it's not so much of a winter vehicle especially when the roads haven't been plowed , so it parked in it's snow trench until the snow plow was able to come the next morning.
All the grand kids got matching pj's from Grandma. This is the best of about 7 photographs... the youngsters had a hard time sitting still and all looking at the camera at the same time.
Reese and Daddy opening up their presents.




3 comments:

Candi said...

YEAH!!!! Pictures!! I was so excited to see a new post. It looks like yall had a fun Christmas. Reese is getting so big, she is just adorable! It makes me want to cry that we don't get to see her (and you) more often. I hope everything is going great in Rexburg. Keep us posted!!

The Bee Family said...

yeah I'm so happy you posted WITH picutures I've been missin ya! I can't believe how big Reese is getting she is stinkin adorable! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Hope the moving went okay I'll have to call in a few days to see if you're settled in. I was talking to Manda and we think you, Josie, and Her need to come for a 2 or 3 day trip... with lots of "Window" shopping. Or at least that's what we'll try to do. ;)

Megan said...

Those are the cutest matching pjs! I'm such a slacker I just filmed Christmas this year, but I'm going to stage some shots for Coop's scrapbook.