Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just a little free time...

So I am feeling slightly more productive today... I've got all the laundry in washing, went for a walk and Reese is taking a nap. I won't mention that I slept in until 10:30... oh whoops I just did. These are just a couple pictures from yesterday... I'm trying to get Reese to play in her room more so she doesn't drag everything out into the living room so when people randomly stop by (like the upstairs neighbors did last night) my house doesn't look like toy land has taken over. She is starting to get into dolls a little bit - which she doesn't get that from me I played with boy toys growing up. However, I believe Todd did own a few my little ponies growing up. She knows how to give the baby loves and kisses but she totes the baby around like a football and literally throws the baby in the stroller. Can you imagine how she would treat her little brothers and sisters? Well we found her toothbrush that she got for Christmas now maybe she'll stop taking ours all over the house. She knows exactly what to do when you tell her to "brush, brush, brush."
No big plans for the rest of the week. Maybe we will try and make it to the temple this weekend.. we don't have an excuse since a temple is so close now... I can see it right outside our window. We've been really bad at making it a priority lately. So I should have also listed that as one of my new years resolutions. Once a month is not too much at all to ask for... well I better go switch the laundry so people don't get mad.

2 comments:

The Bee Family said...

-k- I just have to say about the toothbrush thing. Sadie would carry around mine and Eli's forever and it totally sicked me out! I can't even let her see them or she freaks when she can't have them. Do our taste better or something she'll carry hers around but only for like a minute. Anyway sorry about the cold.

The Bee Family said...

hey me again but this was on my cousins blog today and I thought of you and your Reese playing her in room comment...and thought hey this is my excuse!
Some homes try to hid the fact

that children shelter there.

Ours boasts of it quite openly,

the signs are everywhere.

For smears are on the windows,

little smudges on the door;

I should apologize I guess,

for the toys strewn on the floor.

But I sat down with the children:

we played and laughed and read.

And if the doorbell doesn't shine,

their eyes will shine instead.

For when at times I'm forced to choose

the one job or the other,

I want to be a homemaker,

but FIRST I'll be a mother.



author unknown

You don't have to publish the comment I just thought you might like the poem.