Friday, January 9, 2009

Greeting from the North Pole... (Rexburg)

We made it... we are now living in Rexburg! Well we've actually been here for a week I just haven't really written much about it. It has been pretty much freezing cold everyday we have been here. Of course the day we moved in was the coldest of all -- the wind didn't help. So we are pretty settled I still haven't found a home for everything we own yet... our old apartment had a ton of storage and this one just doesn't. We are getting there though. Our new apartment is a lot bigger everywhere but our living room and our furniture kind of fits. We can pretty much count out having any sort of party at our place (I suppose it is good that this place has amenities like a clubhouse - for such occasions). My favorite things about the new place:
1-huge kitchen and bathroom
2-walk-in closet in our bedroom
3-internet and cable included
4-bathtub (with slanted back so I don't have to sit straight up -- I am definitely a tub girl).
5-DISHWASHER (how glorious is this!!!)

Reese loved her beef stew last night (well it was more like potato and carrot mush - when she got her hands on it). She is trying to figure out this whole utensil thing... she knows what they are for but hasn't quite got the holding it right side up yet to scoop things on to her fork or spoon.
I am amazed that she ended up scarfing down that hole pile! I know it looks kind of gross but she absolutely loved it -- she had originally started with a plate, but when she very first grabbed the plate and almost dumped it on the floor we had to make a few changes.

For the moment I'm not working which has been wonderful. I'm just a fill in when ever they might need me at the Downeast up here. I'm not missing working full time at all. This won't be permanent just for a the semester or so... but it is so nice to be able to just be at home with Reese and play with her. Lately she thinks people who can roll their tongue are just the coolest. She tries so hard to do it too -- I'm sure she'll get it one of these days.


1 comment:

Heather said...

It's amazing how fast they grow! Looks like you guys had a fun birthday party. Reese's hair is so cute! I hope Clara's grows, but I'm thinking she might be a little baldy like I was. Have fun in Rexburg!